Thursday, April 2, 2009

Grandma Gathering

Yesterday, it dawned on me that my mother has been gone for 3 years now, April 30th. (Well, almost.....trust me, I'll forget by the end of the month) Now, I don't feel too bad almost having forgot the anniversary of her death really. Besides, If I had "remembered"-Now that honestly would have been more cause for for any concern than "forgetting".....I think people half expect me to put on a party every year. "She was a very creative woman" as writ by an maternal aunt on a condolence card after her death. What a HOOT! Boy, If that doesn't just about sum up the best and the worst of it all, Well, then I just don't know what does.....So, here's to the most irritating, conniving-AND the only person I know who should have never had children but still pulled managed to produce 3 really great ones, I say so myself. May you enjoy a never-ending cup of sweet tea from a perpetually dirty, stained thermos-cup and never run out cigarettes. Bear and the Kids miss you-the little ones more than even you would have thought.
So, do us big Kids.

P.S. You did a great job making sure we got the recipes. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment