Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Business as usual-Worked around the house this weekend. Pete sprayed the yard for weeds. I imagine it will look ghastly for hunting Easter eggs this weekend. We finished putting the baseboard down in the kids rooms and it looks fabulous. I filled the nail holes yesterday while Mr. Man put a coat of paint on the door trim. He said I would have to finish touch-up painting because it was just not his "thing".....NOW this we know....That's why I do the the majority of any DETAIL painting . As long as the project is outside or on bare concrete, we are A.O.K. But as soon as carpet has been installed, etc. then you are just asking for it. I swear it's like, "Call of the Wild" and the next thing you know, there goes a quart of paint making a break for it-down the ladder-towards that new carpet. And No-I could strap that paint can down with ratchet-straps and it would not help a bit. Me blogging this afternoon is just delaying the inevitable demise of that beautiful new carpet or maybe it's just me procrastinating getting the work done.....whatever.....Make me....
My sense of taste has changed a lot lately. I've been drawn to fresh ingredients and my appetite has really increased too. So, we have been eating fresh veggies, salads, grilled zucchini & squash, cut-up tomato & onion w/ salt & pepper, salsa, grilled chicken, home-made broccoli-cheese soup w/ fresh broccoli, fresh strawberry shortcake, Ham/Genoa salami/Provolone cheese Muffalettas, and the list goes on and on.....I am not only enjoying eating food again, I'm actually having fun searching for recipes to cook. And when the kids say they don't like it; I'm not really letting it bother me so much. Heck, they didn't like what I cooked before so I now know for sure I couldn't have won the battle! Besides, they are at least eating better. What little they do decide to eat of it and I'm giving them options..... Well, "take it" or "leave it" are options, are they not?
On another note-
Why do we sometimes think our kids are:
"WONDERFUL", "great", "Gilded feathers in our proverbial Parental Hats",
By becoming responsible, productive members of society and thus,
You, as parent, can take a deep breath; exhale, sit back on your "laurels" and bask in the glow of parental glory? And then the very next minute said child will go and pull the stupidest, most asinine stunt? At present, I am speaking directly of my first born but they all have done this to me and to themselves. I used to feel such shame as if I did the wrong. I think to some extent I still do. Ultimately, Now, I just end up getting so very disappointed with them. I know that they don't see the consequences of their actions as of any major importance when they're young but would be wrong. Character counts. Young and old alike. I KNOW I drilled that into Connors' head but maybe I lost momentum with the other two. I don't know. It's so hard to keep up.....So, moral of the story is; "Resting on your Laurels is a Asinine Stunt"?

No comments:

Post a Comment