Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Party Day

Went to my nephews b-day party today at the local park. It was a nice time. Not too hot and there was this sweet little Boston Terrier that a friend of my ex-sister-law brought. Quite the little entertainer. She never quit playing soccer with the older kids. I still have my mind made up that we need to get one. They are such good natured pets and so good with children. She just ran and ran and ran and ran some more! I'll just bet she's worn plum out though tonite. Such fun! Anywho-I've just always wanted one. Maybe Mr. Man will let me when the kids are gone. I took gifts for my other niece and other nephew working upon the idea that I never know if and when I'm going to see them on their birthdays. Presumptuous, I know, but I'd feel worse if I missed them altogether. I think everyone liked what they got so it was a good day for them all. Later I took Sean out to Pizza Hut for his birthday dinner. We had never got around to it last month. That turned out to be an expensive trip. $51 dollars to be exact. Seems that everyone "needed" something different. So, Breadsticks, Wings, 2 Sandwiches, and 1 Large Stuffed Crust Pizza later it tallied up to $51 bucks w/ a tip. Pete will probably lose his mind when he gets that bill. Thanks goodness we don't do that often!
Still working on Connor's letters for TXGovSchool. He is not taking it seriously at all. I ought to be wringing his neck over it but I guess I'll do like every other parent and help him out in a clinch. As it is, we'll be postmarking it by the very last date possible. Maybe I ought to just say the hell with it all, eh? Well, we all know parenting is an ungrateful job.....I doubt it is gonna change overnight. I'll just deal like always....
Went to the Dr. yesterday-Found out that "No" I was not supposed to be completely off my happy pills but now that I am I could just stay off of them and see how it goes. I told him it wasn't "going very well" but we would see. He did up the dose on my Topamax. He seems to think that it is helping me lose weight (I lost 9 pounds & I had no clue) and that it will calm my nerves and that, of course, it does help with my headaches-greatly. So-If it manages to do all that-I will officially declare it a miracle drug. We'll see. I told him I've been eating like a horse. Lot's of good stuff though-Just a whole LOT of it. He didn't seem concerned. He said because I must be eating better that its canceling out the amount. Plus, Lord knows we have been busy! Still busy painting furniture. I just thought I had a game plan. Every time "The Man" gets off work he has an agenda that somehow is ALWAYS more important & takes precedence over anything anyone else could possibly have had planned. If he could ever see what an egomaniacal control freak he is-I just wonder if it would make any difference to his personality? On his days off this time we did manage to get the garden tilled and planted. I did paint some more primer but I'm still not quite finished. He painted Connor's bed and it looks very nice. The headboard needs another coat for touch-up. Hopefully-by tomorrow I'll have all the primer DONE! Then I have touch-up on crown moulding and wall paint. Also, I'm sure I'll have to fit in helping Connor on his 3 letters for the TGSchool. So, tomorrow another busy, enlightening, and fulfilling day of being a parent once again.....So, Anybody wanna trade lives? PLEASE?

No comments:

Post a Comment